Our Volunteers are Rescue Angels!
Administrative and Fundraising:
- Listening to GSRNE Hotline calls
- Returning phone calls or emails
- Creating and updating forms and documents, maintaining GSRNE databases
- Preparing correspondence and “Thank You” notes to donors, members, volunteers, etc.
- Soliciting donations (individual and corporate), grant writing
- Coordinating online fundraising programs with vendor partners and identifying new opportunities
- Maintaining website sections
- Desktop publishing
- Researching and writing newsletter or website articles
- Contributing posts, photos, articles for social media (GSRNE Facebook, Twitter etc.)
Staffing Events and Promoting GSRNE:
- Participating in GSRNE event planning (committee work)
- Staffing GSRNE events (local events and key events like the annual auction and picnics)
- Tracking event merchandise inventory, sourcing new inventory
- Greeting new GSRNE members
- Soliciting new volunteers and welcoming them to GSRNE
Dog or Adoption Related:
- Coordinating the evaluation and intake of new foster dogs (requires interviewing skills and good knowledge of the GSD breed)
- Evaluating dogs in regional Shelters (needs specialized training and experience)
- Being a Foster Home for GSRNE rescue dog
- Being a Buddy for a GSRNE rescue dog (pay for food, toys, supplies, microchip, etc.)
- Checking references (Foster Home Applicants or Adoption Applicants)
- Conducting Home Visits for Adoption or Foster Home Applicants
- Matching rescue dogs with Adoption Applicants or Foster Homes (requires interviewing skills and good knowledge of GSD breed and training)
- Photographing dogs available for adoption or at events
- Assisting with GSRNE foster dog training (must be certified professional trainer)
- Have other ideas? Let us know what you would like to do.
There are many other jobs where help is needed. Many of these don’t take a lot of time, just someone dependable who can give some time as needed.