Thank you for considering adopting a rescue dog!
GSRNE works very hard to match the right dog with our adopters, so that you’ll be happy and our dogs will have a forever home.
We place dogs in the six New England states (ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI).
- The adoption fee for our dogs is: $450 for dogs over 6 months up to 7 years of age and $550 for puppies up to 6 months of age.
- $250 for seniors, age eight and older & special needs dogs.
The fees help us meet expenses incurred by our nonprofit organization, although our average expense per rescue dog is approximately $2,000 each. These include the following if they have not already been given to the dog before coming into GSRNE’s program:
Spay or Neutering
- They are all spayed or neutered prior to adoption
- Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus (DHLPP)
- Heartworm, Lyme, Elrichea, and Anaplasma (4DX)
- Complete blood panel for seniors dogs or dogs that have apparent health issues
- Check for any apparent health issues
- Microchip implanted
Flea, Tick & Heartworm Treatment
- Flea, tick and heartworm preventatives
- Sometimes our dogs come in needing a grooming (bath and nail clipping) and we try to have this done either before the dog goes into a foster home or when they get to the foster home if the foster home is unable to bathe the dog.
- Some dogs require professional training to work on additional skills and socialization to prepare them for a happy and healthy life.
- At times we need to board our dogs. It is usually because the dog needs out of the situation it is in and we don’t have a foster home available.
READ NEXT: Should you get a German Shepherd Dog?