Established in 1996, German Shepherd Rescue of New England, Inc. (GSRNE) is an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to providing veterinary care, evaluation & adoptive homes for German Shepherds. We strive to help German Shepherds who are left in shelters to await uncertain fate, are owner surrenders (divorce, death, etc.), or are from abuse or neglect situations. We help provide a safe harbor for German Shepherds that might otherwise be destroyed.
Rescue services are sometimes also provided to German Shepherds who are in acute need of placement due to changing family circumstances such as a family illness, allergies, economic hardship, divorce, or relocation to a “No Dogs Allowed” situation.
Dogs Applying & Accepted to Our Program Are…
- Evaluated for Temperament & Behavior
- Get Spayed / Neutered
- Updated on Vaccinations
- Receive any Essential Medical Care
- Placed in a GSRNE Foster Home
- Matched with a Forever Home based on the dog and family’s Temperament, Activity Level & Needs
In addition to the above, GSRNE strives to protect German Shepherd Dogs by promoting public awareness and education about caring for and living with this breed. If you are interested in fostering and/or volunteering, please call at 978-443-2202 and leave us a message!
GSRNE Board of Directors
- Tina Russo, President & Board Member
- Karen McCall, Board Member
- Diana Thorpe, Board Member
All board members can be reached at email@example.com.