With Spring finally here in New England (though its questionable here in Maine), many people are getting their gardens ready for the season. There may be something in your garden that’s potentially deadly to your dog…and you might have put it there!
Makers of chocolate products have been selling used cocoa bean shells as a type of mulch now for a few years. It’s a great way to recycle waste. But the mulch may be poisonous to your dog since it’s made of cocoa beans.
Some dogs like to eat it, and considering it contains the same chemicals as chocolate… that’s not good. We checked in with snope.com to get the facts, and want to share them with you.