- All dogs are required to have a current rabies vaccination and be up-to-date on their vaccinations.
- All dogs are required to have a current license
- All dogs must be on leash at all times – no flex-leads (adjustable length retractable leashes).
- Please do not allow your dog to run up to other dogs without asking first. Not all dogs like other dogs in their face.
- Children are welcome but only adults 18 & over can hold leash.
- Please remind children to ask permission before approaching a dog.
- Please leave aggressive dogs or dogs in heat safely at home. We reserve the right to turn dogs away.
- Please pick up after your dog! Water and baggies will be provided on the walk route and at the main area.
- Please do not leave any dogs in cars or in crates unattended without checking them often.
- All dogs are required to have current rabies vaccination and license.
- Please make sure your dog is up-to-date on all vaccinations.
- No females in heat, please.
Lucky Ticket Raffle
Once again the Walk ‘n’ Wag will include the Lucky Ticket Raffle. If you came to our walk last year, you will remember this raffle from all the noise we made. Were you lucky? Did you play?
Raffle tickets are 4 for a $1.00! If you open the ticket and it is blank, it’s not a winning ticket.
BUT, if you open up your ticket and there is a number with a stamp on top, YOU win the prize labeled with that number! INSTANT GRATIFICATION! No more waiting for a number to be called! Take the prize with you when you leave the table!
We need and so very much appreciate donated items to make our raffle a success. Nothing is too big or small! It can be pet OR people related, Items do not have to be expensive; they can be of every price range and appropriate not only for GSDs, but for
all types of pets and of course humans!
Items such as limo rentals, tickets to events, gift certificates to restaurants, pet stores, human stores, hotels, dinners, etc. are sure to draw a crowd! We could also use gift cards from Dunkin’ Donuts, Petco and PetSmart ($10 and $15 range). A good mix makes the day.
All individuals and organizations donating to the raffle will be listed as a GSRNE sponsor in our 2013 Walk ‘n’ Wag program and posted on our website.
If you would like to donate an item for our raffle, send an email to:
and type “Raffle Donation” in the subject line. Include the following information in the email:
- Your name or name of the organization that is donating the item
- Your full address and contact information
- The name of the item to be donated, including brand name if it has one
- The cost of the item to be donated
A detailed description of the item, including size, color, etc. Send a picture if you can.
Once we receive the email, we will send you a donation form with instructions on how to donate the item. All donations must be received by September 17, 2013 to be included in the raffle.We will take donations anytime, but may not use them at this event.
Remember that your donations are tax deductible as a charitable contribution!
Canine Good Citizen Testing (CGC)
Once again, GSRNE will offer Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Testing during our Walk ‘n’ Wag fundraiser.
Started in 1989, Canine Good Citizen (CGC) is a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community.
The CGC Program is a two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step CGC test may receive a certificate from the American Kennel Club.
The fee for the CGC test is $20.00. Please bring your dog’s brush to be used as part of the test.
CGC testing is scheduled from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. You can sign up for CGC testing at the Activity Booth next to the Registration Booth on the day of the Walk ‘n’ Wag.
You can also preregister for testing. If you would like to schedule your dog for a CGC test now, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “CGC” in the subject line.
For more information about the CGC test, please visit the AKC site.
The Registration Booth
Please be sure to come to the Registration booth to sign in and register. All dogs registered get a GSRNE bandana.* Pledges $50.00 and over get a free GSRNE T-shirt*.
*While supplies last given out the day of the event only.
Don’t forget to stop by and get your ticket for the door prize raffles and special GSRNE bracelet!
Event Information Booth
Questions, event maps, programs, First Aid, volunteer station, poop bags, photo contest entries and anything else you may need will be found here.
GSRNE Information Booth
Our volunteers will be staffing the GSRNE Information Booth throughout the day to discuss our rescue, answer your questions and share information. We will also have flyers describing our adoption, foster and volunteer programs. Please stop by and say hello!
GSRNE Sales Table
Stop by and visit our GSRNE Sale Table. We have a variety of wonderful things for sale for both dogs and humans! Be sure to stop by and say hello to Jill, Jim, Luna and Sterling!
Come and see us! Shop ’til you drop! Your dog will love you for it! So will our German Shepherds in need!
All Proceeds benefit GSRNE